Last update: 18th October, 2021
The website www.coll-8.com is owned and operated by Coll-8 Logistics Ireland Ltd.
We at Coll-8 Logistics Ireland Ltd, along with our subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively, “Coll-8”), respect your concerns about privacy. A ‘privacy notice’ lets you know what happens to any personal data that you may give us or that we may collect from you or about you. None of the information we collect is passed on to other parties, except when required as part of the business services we provide for you, or as required under law.
Our privacy practices may vary among the countries or territories in which we operate to reflect local practices and legal requirements.
If you do not agree to these terms you must leave our website immediately.
What Personal data is collected?
We may obtain consumer personal information (such as name, contact details and payment information) in connection with various activities such as (i) use of the Coll-8 websites and applications, (ii) shipping activities, including delivery and pick-up of shipments, (iii) requests to track shipments or answer questions, (iv) Customs clearing services,
The types of personal information we may obtain include:
- Individual and business contact information (such as name, company name, physical address, email address and telephone or fax number)
- Shipping information (such as (i) shipping-related contact details like the shipper’s, and consignee’s and/or nominated alternative delivery point name, physical address, access point address, email address and telephone number, (ii) signature for proof of delivery, (iii) Customer account number, and (iv) information given to us that helps us access locations to which we provide service and information provided to us regarding the content of certain shipments, but only to the extent an identifiable person can be linked to such content.
- Information that enables us to verify an individual’s identity
- Names, email addresses and telephone numbers of others to whom we are asked to send information
- Username, password and other credentials used to access Coll-8 products and services
- Payment information (including payment card details or online payment services number and invoicing address) and financial information (such as bank account numbers)
- Tax identification number in circumstances in which you request products or services for which this information is required
- Other personal information that may be provided to us to obtain a Coll-8 product or service
We also receive consumer personal information from our customers in order to perform services.
When we pick up or deliver a shipment or provide other services, we may obtain physical location data. This includes, for example, data identifying the actual location of a physical address using information such as GPS data, geocodes, latitude and longitude information, and images of the various locations.
In addition, when you visit our website or interact with Coll-8-related tools, widgets or plug-ins, we may collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies. The information we collect in this manner includes IP address, unique device identifier, browser characteristics, device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, information on actions taken, and dates and times of activity.
Cookies are small pieces of information, stored in simple text files, placed on your computer by a website. Some cookies can be read by the website on your subsequent visits. The information stored in a cookie may relate to your browsing activities on the website, or a unique identifier so that the website can ‘remember’ you on your return visit. Other cookies are deleted when you close your browser and only relate to the working of the website.
Cookies on our websites do not contain personal information from which you can be identified.
Most browsers allow you to turn off cookies or to customise your settings for cookies. To find out how to do this, see the ‘Help’ menu on your browser. Please note that if you turn off cookies or change your settings, some features of the website may not work correctly.
We also use Google Analytics to assist us in the functioning of this website. This service helps us to provide relevant information in an easily accessible format. The following google analytics cookies are only set if you select ‘allow all’ on the cookie information banner or if you choose to set preferences and enable the analytical cookies preferences:
Our website www.coll-8.com uses the following cookies to anonymously gather user statistics and protect against malicious attack. When you visit our website the following cookie is set:
|ga_8H9XN3W114||.coll-8.com||Analytics||This cookie is installed by Google Analytics.||2 years|
|_ga||.coll-8.com||Analytics||The _ga cookie, installed by Google Analytics, calculates visitor, session and campaign data and also keeps track of site usage for the site’s analytics report. The cookie stores information anonymously and assigns a randomly generated number to recognize unique visitors.||2 years|
|cf_bm||.fonts.net||Functional||This cookie, set by Cloudflare, is used to support Cloudflare Bot Management.||30 minutes|
Information We Obtain and Why
We process names, email addresses and telephone numbers of others to whom we are asked to send information on the assumption that the person who provided the information obtained it in accordance with applicable law. If this assumption is incorrect, please do not ask us to send information to third parties on your behalf.
We may need certain information in order to provide services. In addition, we may be required by law to collect certain information, such as whether a package contains hazardous materials. Where such information is so required, we may be unable to provide you with our services unless you provide us with this information.
In accordance with applicable law, we may obtain your consent separately before collecting information by automated means using cookies or similar devices.
How We Use the Information We Obtain
The legal bases for which we collect, use, transfer or disclose your personal information include (i) the performance of the contract we have with you, (ii) marketing, improvement of our services and other legitimate business interests, (iii) compliance with a legal obligation
We may process your personal information based on your consent, where required by law. If we request your consent, we will inform you of the intended purposes for which your information will be processed. Please note that if you choose to withdraw your consent, you may not be able to participate in or benefit from our services for which you provided consent. We also may use the information we obtain about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
We may use the information we obtain to:
- Pick up, deliver and track shipments
- Provide products and services you request
- Process and collect payments
- Provide customer support and respond to and communicate with you about your requests, questions and comments
- Establish and manage your account
- Offer you products and services we believe may interest you
- Send information to your contacts if you ask us to do so
- Process claims we receive in connection with our services
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products and services; managing our communications; determining the effectiveness of our sales, marketing and advertising; analysing and enhancing our products, services, websites and apps; ensuring the security of our networks and information systems; performing accounting, auditing, invoicing, reconciliation and collection activities; and improving and maintaining the quality of our customer services)
- Perform data analyses (including market and consumer search and analytics, trend analysis and profiling, financial analysis and anonymisation of personal information)
- Protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other prohibited or illegal activity, claims and other liabilities
- Comply with applicable legal requirements and our policies
- Establish, exercise and defend legal claims
- Monitor and report compliance issues
Information We Share
We do not sell or otherwise share personal information about you, except as described in this Privacy Notice. To perform our pick-up and delivery services, we share shipping information with third parties such as shippers, consignees, third party payers and recipients. We also share personal information with third parties who perform services on our behalf based on our instructions. These third parties are not authorised by us to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements.
We also may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law, regulation or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena), (ii) in response to requests by government agencies, such as law enforcement authorities, or (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity. We reserve the right to transfer any information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganisation, dissolution or liquidation).
Your Rights and How to Exercise Them
You have the right to address any concerns or queries with us about our processing of your Personal Data.
Note that in certain circumstances, these rights may not be absolute:
|Right of Access||You have the right to request a copy of the Personal Data held by us about you and to access the following information in relation to the processing of your Personal Data: (1) the purposes of processing; (2) the categories of Personal Data concerned; (3) the recipients of your Personal Data; (4) the period for which your Personal Data will be stored; (5) the existence of your right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Commission; and (6) the source of your Personal DataWe will only charge you for making an access request where we feel your request
is unjustified or excessive. In some situations, we may refuse to act or may impose limitations on your rights, as permitted by law.
|Right to Rectification||You have the right to request that we amend any inaccurate Personal Data that we have about you|
|Right to Erasure||You have the right to ask us to erase your Personal Data where:
(1) it is no longer necessary to perform our contract with you;
(2) you withdraw your consent and there is no other legal basis permitting us to process your Personal Data;
(3) you object and we have no overriding legitimate interest;
(4) your Personal Data has been unlawfully processed; or
(5) it must be erased to comply with a legal obligation.Please note that erasure may not be complete or immediate to the extent that some
of your Personal Data is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected
|Right to Restriction of Processing||You have the right to ask us to restrict processing your Personal Data in the following situations:
(1) where you contest the accuracy of your Personal Data;
(2) where the processing is unlawful and you do not want us to delete your Personal Data;
(3) where we no longer need your Personal Data for the purposes of processing but you require the data in relation to a legal claim; or
(4) where you have objected to us processing your Personal Data pending verification as to whether or not our legitimate interests override your interests or in connection with legal proceedings.When you exercise this right we may only store your Personal Data and may not further process it unless you consent or the processing is necessary in relation to a legal claim or to protect the rights of another person or legal person or for reasons of important public interest.
|Right to Data Portability||You may request us to provide you with your Personal Data which you have given us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and you may request us to transmit your Personal Data directly to another data controller where this is technically feasible. This right only arises where:
(1) we process your Personal Data with your consent or where it is necessary to perform our contract with you; and
(2) the processing is carried out by automated means.
|Right to Object||You have a right to object at any time to our processing of your Personal Data where we process your Personal Data on the legal basis of pursuing our legitimate interests.|
Before Coll-8 is able to provide you with any information or correct any inaccuracies, we may ask you to verify your identity and/or provide other details to help us respond to your request. For the exercise of your rights, please contact us by emailing email@example.com. In all cases, you have a right to file a complaint with a Data Protection Authority.
We may transfer the personal information we collect about you to countries other than the country in which the information originally was collected. Those countries may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you initially provided the information.
When we transfer your personal information to other countries, we will protect that information as described in this Privacy Notice and in accordance with applicable law. We use contractual protections for the transfer of personal information among various jurisdictions (including, for example, the European Commission’s standard contractual clauses).
International Data Transfers
Coll-8 takes seriously its security obligations in respect of your personal data under the EU General Data Protection Regulation in order to prevent unauthorised access to, or alteration or destruction of personal data in our possession. We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide against accidental, unlawful or unauthorised destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
Your personal information will not be stored for longer than necessary for the purposes for which they were collected or as required under applicable retention policies and/or in accordance with applicable law. Our retention policies reflect local statute of limitation periods and national statutory obligations of Coll-8.
Updates To Our Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice may be updated periodically and without prior notice to you to reflect changes in our personal information practices. You can review our Privacy Notice at any time via the link on our website.
How To Contact Us
If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice, or if you would like us to update information we have about you or your preferences, please contact Coll-8 by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by filling out the form on the “Contact Us” section of our website.
You also may write to us at:Coll-8 Logistics
Unit 2 Baldonnell Business Park,